Sometimes I complain about Pemberton not having enough community. As I looked around my yard last Wednesday while my home was up in smoke from a fire started because of a faulty chimney, all I could think about was how great of a community I live in.
Over 17 Pemberton and Mount Currie volunteer firefighters were hard at work after being extremely punctual to the 911 call, neighbours and people driving home from work ran over to pitch in a hand, and my phone was ringing off the hook and text messages coming in offering a bed to sleep in for the night and anything else that we might need.
The kind of community we get to experience is one where the volunteer firemen bring tarps into your home to cover up the furniture so it doesn’t get wet from their hoses.
Thank you community for your loving support, and please give one of our local firefighters a high five when you see them next.
Dave, Tessa and baby-on-the-way Treadway