Not all Realtors are real.
After a few years of renting various cabins and condos our weekend warrior ski-mad family bought an apartment in The Aspens. Finally our own little piece of paradise.
When we took possession, all of the artwork and pictures were unceremoniously removed from the walls, leaving behind unsightly holes and marks on the walls.
At 3 a.m. on our first night in our new digs the microwave made its presence known with a distinct buzz that can keep even fatigued skiers awake. It was odd the microwave was not plugged in during viewings or the inspection, but it never crossed our minds that it was because it was faulty.
Both the owner and their Realtor agreed that they would cover the cost of repairing the drywall and microwave. However, when we submitted the bill for the repair of the microwave (we repainted the walls so did not bother to ask for any money) the previous owner and their Realtor suddenly lost the ability to read English, return calls, or type an email.
That was when our Realtor, embarrassed by his colleague's dishonest behaviour, gave us a cheque for the repair of the microwave. Even though the dollars involved are small the results are permanent.
Steve Legge is a professional Realtor and a gentleman the other Realtor was unreal.
Joel & Alison Fransen