The Whistler Fire Department responded Sunday evening (Jan. 20) at 5:45 p.m. to a structure fire at one of the resort's condo properties along Blackcomb Way.
A press release from the fire department states that nobody was injured as a result of the fire and several people were relocated to other properties.
"The cause of the fire was determined to be fireplace ashes deposited in a plastic bucket on an exterior balcony, which ignited," states the press release." "The fire then moved into the soffits and common attic area for the building."
As of 9 p.m. crews had put out the fire, but remained on scene until 1:30 a.m. to ensure residual heat, or hot spots, did not reignite.
The fire damage was contained to two units, but sources on scene indicated up to 13 could be affected by smoke and water damage.
See Thursday's (Jan. 24) The Question for more on this story.